Daniella Rand is a San Francisco-based financial advisor with nearly 20 years of experience in the industry.
Rand is presently managing director of The Rand Group, a wealth management team serving clients throughout California and beyond. Through a close association with Merrill Lynch, the global financial services firm, Rand and her team deliver bespoke financial planning and wealth management services to a diverse client base consisting primarily of high net worth individuals and families.
Daniella Rand: Background & Expertise
After graduating from the University of California, San Diego, Rand held a succession of increasingly senior financial services positions before founding The Rand Group in 2005. Rand is currently licensed to do business in California, Colorado, Alabama, Idaho, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, and Oklahoma. Other financial advisors on Rand’s team are licensed to do business in Florida and Pennsylvania, as well.
Daniella Rand and her team believe in a holistic approach to wealth management and financial planning. Rand’s every client relationship is guided by the principle that money is a means to an end, not an end in itself.
Anchored by their wealth management philosophy, Rand and her team create, implement, and adjust bespoke wealth management strategies that manage investment risk while realizing client objectives. The Rand Group builds custom wealth management strategies around seven key priorities:
- Healthcare. Daniella Rand helps clients plan for near-term healthcare expenses, ongoing health and disability insurance needs, and long-term care.
- Home. Rand and her team help clients make decisions around upsizing, downsizing, relocation, remodeling, and vacation properties.
- Family. Rand and her team help clients provide for those who can’t provide for themselves, including minor children, aging parents, family members with disabilities, and others.
- Leisure. Rand doesn’t allow herself to be defined solely by her professional achievements, and she doesn’t think her clients should either. The Rand Group devotes substantial resources to helping clients make the most of their limited free time.
- Philanthropy. Rand and her team empower clients to give back, should they so choose.
- Work and Retirement. Rand and her team help clients grapple with work- and retirement-related issues at every stage of their careers. The Rand Group also stands ready to assist with succession and exit planning for closely held businesses.
- Finance. Backed by the global investment and banking resources of Merrill Lynch and Bank of America, The Rand Group helps clients make sense of their financial goals, now and into the future.
Daniella Rand: Interests & Contributions
Outside the office, Rand is an avid music fan and fitness enthusiast. For nearly a decade, she has devoted much of what little free time she has to her personal training regimen at ThriveSF and Equinox, her home gyms. When she needs a break from the gym, she hits the outdoor track or straps on her cross trainers for an early morning trail run. Rand is also passionate about international travel and nature photography. Highlights of her impressive travel resume include New Guinea, Bhutan, and the world’s northernmost town of Longyearbyen, Norway, with its incomparable views of the Northern Lights, and an abundance of Polar Bears.
Closer to home, she gives back through a longstanding relationship with Episcopal Community Services of San Francisco and through charity and volunteer opportunities sponsored by Merrill Lynch.